It seems no one has ever bothered to verify BenQ Monitors true size... (PD3200U Complaint)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Eric Carlson
Eric Carlson Veteran Member • Posts: 7,154
Re: It seems no one has ever bothered to verify BenQ Monitors true size... (PD3200U Complaint)

Austinian wrote:

Billiam29 wrote:

Both monitors and TV screens are measured diagonally corner-to-corner. I'm 51 years old and it's been that way my entire life. I'm pretty sure it's been that way since consumer TVs first appeared.

Yes. However, lots of "32 inch" monitors are actually 31.5", so we're still being cheated.

(I think the reality is 80 cm.)

Yes, but I think many/most say the actual size too. Some call it 32" class (31.5"), and similar for TV's, like 65" class (64.5 Inches).

In the CRT days, some (most?) companies would say the size of the tube, like 19", and the actual viewing area would be like an inch or more smaller. And most didn't list the actual viewing area measurement.

I do wish they listed the vertical and horizontal viewing dimensions too, but there are web pages that will calculate that for you when you input the diagonal measurement and aspect ratio or resolution.

-- hide signature --
 Eric Carlson's gear list:Eric Carlson's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ7 Fujifilm XP80 Canon EOS 500D +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow