Dreich weather in the Highlands.

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rabster64 Contributing Member • Posts: 945
Dreich weather in the Highlands.

Took a wee trip up to Scotland last week for a bit of fishing and photography and the weather was as described, beginning to end, with the last two days being particularly bad with gales and horizontal rain that was occasionally vertically upwards. Against the law of gravity ? yes, but perfectly in line with November in the highlands.

I had hoped to catch some late autumn colour in a couple of spots that I really Like in Glen Coe and was fortunate enough to catch the last of it at one spot but the weather put paid to the other. Did I get some shots ? yes, did I catch some fish ? yes, did I end up drookit ? absolutely 

Taken near Luss on the shores of Loch Lomond.

Castle Stalker on Loch Laich, absolutely flat grey featureless sky and water but had to take a shot while there.

Torren Lochan, the spot I liked. Spent too much time here waiting in hope for a break in the weather for a moment or two. Good to be by myself with no one to be bored as I waited.

Torren shore colour, horizontal.

Torren shore colour, vertical.

Highland view across Torren Lochan

The waiting paid off with some nice soft light.

Worth the wait for me, I think I like this one best.

For those who do not know the Scottish vernacular, dreich means glum, drab, wet and miserable. Drookit means absolutely soaked through

Thanks for looking and hope you liked.

Bill.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow