Worth upgrading to OM1 for landscape, macro and portraits?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tomrandall86
tomrandall86 Regular Member • Posts: 298
Re: Worth upgrading to OM1 for landscape, macro and portraits?

So how about landscape shooters who walk/hike a lot wanting to keep weight down; would the faster HHHR and things like built in ND negate the use of a tripod, allowing you to save on weight?

I’m in the same boat; outdoor photography but no emphasis on wildlife. I’ve been in self-debate on moving on from my E-M1 mark II to either the OM-1 or trade it all in and switch systems; maybe to an X-T5 or X-H2. Need to do a bit more research on those really, I’ve read some shadow detail can be a bit crap, it’s a lot of resolution for an aps-c sensor.

The hand held high res modes on the later OM cameras really have me interested though; most of my outings are tripodless and sometimes would like that little bit more detail to play with, but then it makes me think should I be looking at other offerings for what I like to shoot. It’s a lot of money to jack it in for something else.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tomrandall86's gear list:tomrandall86's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow