View pics delay on return to shooting mode

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
fotoword
fotoword Regular Member • Posts: 419
View pics delay on return to shooting mode

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

When pressing the play button to review images and then pressing the shutter (or play button) to return to shooting mode there is a long delay (up to 2 seconds) with some lenses.

I noticed this today because I got my much anticipated tamron 17-70 and it has the longest delay of the few lenses that I tested with.

The Canon 55-250 with the fringer pro 2 has a similar delay. I then tried my Canon mount 100-400 Tamron lens but it was quick. All 3 lenses have stabilisation but the fringer only uses the lens stabilisation.

The Fuji lenses I tried were much faster except for the 18-55 (also stabilised) which was not as slow as the two lenses above but slower than the other Fuji lenses.

Other lenses I checked that were quick to go to shooting mode:

16mm 2.8

35mm 1.4

10-24mm wr

Sigma 56 1.4

TTArtisans 17mm 1.4

This was on both the XH2s and the XT4

It's not a major problem because I'm not constantly reviewing images and probably if I'm doing portraits I'll review on the LCD and hit the shutter button before bringing the camera back up to my eye.

Curious to know if anyone else has experienced it.

Thanks

Paul

fotoword's gear list:fotoword's gear list
Pentax Q7 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Canon EOS M5 Olympus E-M1 II +33 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow