X-H2s focus discussion + Winter Ducks

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
fotoword
fotoword Regular Member • Posts: 416
Re: X-H2s focus discussion + Winter Ducks

Hi Morris

That is a very detailed and thorough explanation of the a/f process.  You obviously have put a lot of time and effort into working it out and also conveying the process and the settings to the rest of us.  I find it invaluable and greatly appreciate it.

As always, your images are fantastic.  I particularly like number 8 for the colours and motion.

When I look at them in original size it's clear how detailed the shots are, and i notice you are using a 1.7 tc as well.

I have watched some of the bird photographers on YouTube who use various types of 'hides' to get close to the birds and these range from wearable to portables to fixed location (paid) hides.  But the apparent discomfort they go through in some of those videos shows a great level of commitment to the art.

Mike Lane is one who comes to mind for the latest series he has shot in Spain using different hides where you either sit or lie flat or wade in a wetsuit in water in a lake.  He's really committed.

I am a weekend warrior when I get the occasional opportunity so it's just legging it for me with fake-camo pants as my disguise lol.

Cheers

Paul

fotoword's gear list:fotoword's gear list
Pentax Q7 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Canon EOS M5 Olympus E-M1 II +33 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow