Sony A1 USB-C port durability with repeated usage

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Joe Tam Senior Member • Posts: 1,422
Re: Sony Transfer and tag with Hotspot

Hi,

I have tested A1 connected to home 5ghz wifi network and A1 transfers images directly to iPad mini with no problems.

However, running a hotspot on my iPhone 14 Pro Max causes unreliable connection on latest transfer and tag app(TAT).  Sometimes the images will upload properly.  Sometimes the images will appear after I reset TAT app.  Sometimes the app will tell me to turn on iPhone hotspot when it is on.  Sometimes no image will appear on TAT.

Anyone know if there is a way to set up something like a TP-LINK MR3040 battery powered portable router that can create a hotspot/ad-hoc network for A1 to transfer images to iPhone?

f1point4andbethere wrote:

Just setup an ftp server app on your phone and leave it running. Configure your A1 to send the jpegs automatically to that ftp and you’ll be golden. It might seem liked a small hassle getting it setup, but trust me, once you get it up and running the first time, you’ll be so amazed by how fast, reliable, and effortless it is that you’ll be laughing at yourself for ever wanting to constantly connect a usb cable.

Joe Tam's gear list:Joe Tam's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow