A7rV - unsupported Photoshop and Capture One

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
HappyMartin Regular Member • Posts: 219
Re: TIFF -> C1?

technics wrote:

MediaArchivist wrote:

I have the Sony version of Capture One. It only recognizes Sony images. If I open a7Rv images using the default Sony software, and export as TIFF, will C1 (Sony edition) let me import them?

If so, then this is an acceptable workaround while waiting for native support in C1. I imagine the same would work for LR.

I'm sure this is possible, TIFFs are a general file format which existed for decades.

As long as tethered shooting is unavailable, or RAWs are unsupported in Adobe softwares, it would be personally way to time consuming to go through Sony software. Sony software is terrible.

In the early days digital cameras like the Kodak DCS460 and other variants shipped with tethering software and basic software that allowed you to hand off to PS. Personally I experienced this in 1995 when I started shooting digital exclusively. 
Once programs like LR came along and C1 opened up to support cameras other than Phase we have always had delays between release of new cameras and support by third party software. As a pro you should know this. It has been the reality for all cameras for what must be decades now. You may not like it but you should know this. 
The gas tank analogy is weak. A better analogy would be if a camera manufacturer launching a camera with no working storage media. I don’t believe that has ever happened but I suppose it could. 
As a working pro I would be very hesitant to buy any new as camera as it was launched for a variety of reasons only one of which is the delay in third party software support. I agree with you that Imaging Edge is not part of a professional workflow.

HappyMartin's gear list:HappyMartin's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7 IV GoPro Hero9 Black Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 70-200 F4 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow