I want to join the S1R camp...what's the draw?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
PaulSnowcat
PaulSnowcat Senior Member • Posts: 1,364
Re: I want to join the S1R camp...what's the draw?

Well, a year ago I noticed that 50% of the randomly saw by me shots that cause me to "wow", are taken with a Panasonic S series camera. Those cameras have ONLY 4% market share, but every second shot that caused a "wow" from me came from those 4%!

I've started to dig this intentionally and found that Panasonic S1R is THE camera for me! I've had all your concerns... But what the hell? This is a camera for me, so MY opinion is what matters. So... I've got an S1R a year ago. I am still enjoying this camera a great deal! This is THE camera to have and enjoy. It is a great photo camera (I don't shoot videos at all so I don't know about that).

The last thing I've discovered about S1R is that it's great for shooting BIF shots! (See my thread about it with shots).

Panasonic did the great job with this camera, after a year of owning it I am still completely happy with it.

The only thing I was concerned about - will the S Line be continued or no... But now as there are rumors about 2 new cameras, it seems OK.

So my word - Get it, you will be happy with this camera!

-- hide signature --
 PaulSnowcat's gear list:PaulSnowcat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Tamron 100-400mm F4.5-6.3 Panasonic S 24-105mm F4 Macro OIS Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow