Hey Pentax, if you're listening...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MaciekPruski Regular Member • Posts: 287
Re: Hey Pentax, if you're listening...

kypfer wrote:

MaciekPruski wrote:

... I want the new image modes ( katen, satobi etc.) On my KP!

It's not nice that the KP was heavily marketed and priced at a rather premium level and it gets omitted when it comes to software upgrades!

I'm inclined to agree. I'm a fan of in-camera effects and the omission of some of those available in the KP is something I miss with my K-3iii
FWIW, SATOBI is available in the latest version of the Pentax-supplied Dgital Camera Utility, v5.9.5, though not yet KATEN or KYUSHU, though it's not difficult to emulate KATEN on the KP, using the published parameters https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/custom_image/special/index.html#tab-area… start with "Portrait" setting and adjust the numbers from there

Thanks! I didn't know it was available in the application. Guess I'll try that, although it'd be nice to have the option in camera

I'll try the option for emulation starting from portrait mode. For some reason I barely ever use it, the natural and film (can't remember the name)  presets on the KP just look better on portraits

MaciekPruski's gear list:MaciekPruski's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow