Interesting detail about the A7R V

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
HappyMartin Regular Member • Posts: 219
Re: Interesting detail about the A7R V

sparriskrigaren wrote:

Amazing, I'm extremely jealous 😁 oh well, I'll get mine next week I guess.

How would you rate the build quality and feel? Does it feel robust and luxurious - or at least less plasticky than the A7 IV, if you've tried that camera?

Is the handling quick and snappy?

As an aside. The A7IV does feel a little as you describe. When I picked it up from the shop my feeling was oh well as long as it works and does the job no worries. And it does all that. I use it daily. Video and stills. On hikes. In studio. In and out of bags. On tripods and gimbals and hand help. Funny thing is I had a look at it today when I was packing gear away from a video shoot. The dam thing looks like the day I first picked it up. Quite strange. It’s shows less wear and tear than any camera I can remember. Surprised me quite honestly. It doesn’t feel super robust.

If the A7RIV behaves like that it will be a score for whoever buys one. I am not interested in the camera. Just don’t need it really.

HappyMartin's gear list:HappyMartin's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7 IV GoPro Hero9 Black Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 70-200 F4 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow