Olympus em-1 MK iii Black spots when using manual lenses?

Started Nov 3, 2022 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
staats New Member • Posts: 19
Olympus em-1 MK iii Black spots when using manual lenses?

I'm a very newish newbie with this camera which I got used and looked to be in pristine condition with a very low shutter count. It came with a kit zoom lens of 40-150 which seems to work just fine and I don't think I've seen these two black spots when using it.

But every one on my legacy Konica and other lenses has a two black spots appear like in the photo below when the aperture is dialed down. At first I thought it was in the lens I was using a very long zoom but then when I started mounting ALL my other  legacy lenses the same thing occurred?

I am loath to do anything to the sensor and cannot see any debris.

So are these spots the result of dead spots on the camera's sensors or what?

I've been shooting the sudden outburst of my roses here in this warm weather in NYC metro as well  as landscapes and ships across the Hudson river so I only noticed yesterday while dialing down the amount of light on a closeup of a large rose.

Here's a sample of the two spots, large & small, always in the same place regardless of the lens. Lower left on molding ridge, middle on molding groove.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow