First images with the OM-1 - Ducks!

Started Oct 31, 2022 | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter Heckert2
Peter Heckert2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,030
First images with the OM-1 - Ducks!

I got an OM-1. I should not buy this camera, considering my low retirement income, but it was a used offer much reduced with 20000 shutter count and with 24 months warranty, I was unable to resist.

So I went out on a walk and photographed ducks. No bird recognition, no burst or procapture here.
I used C-AF and S-AF. In comparison to my E-M5III I noticed, the focus is fast, but in some situations it did not confirm focus where the E-M5III had confirmed focus.

The difference is this: With the E-M5III these critical pictures would probably be slightly out of focus, but with the OM-1 all images where in precise focus.

The light was not good, so some images had motion blur due to camera shake or due to subject movement.
I used Topaz sharpen AI to improve these, it does a great job with motion blur.
(I use it almost only to compensate motion blur)
All images are developed in DxO 6, using DeepPrime XD and are cropped.

I had problems taking the images, I got "card error" after each 5 or 10 pics.
At home, some images where corrupted and caused Faststone to hang up.
The reason was probably my SD cards, which are almost 5 years old or more.
I got a newer Sandisk card and so far I could see, this does not seem to have these problems.
Future will show it.

Peter Heckert2's gear list:Peter Heckert2's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow