OM-1:Card error happens randomly

Started Oct 30, 2022 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter Heckert2
Peter Heckert2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,030
OM-1:Card error happens randomly

Hi I got an OM1, used, but with 24 months warranty from Dealer.
Tested it today on a short walk, photographing ducks.
The camera has shuttercount about 20000.

I updated the firmware to 1.2.
I shoot normally, S-AF, I do no bursts or video.
I formatted the card in the OM-1 camera.

After 5 or 10 shots the camera says: "Carderror!". If I switch the camera off, then on again, the problem is gone, but happens again after 5 to 10 shots.
It happens in both slots.
It does not seem to be a contact problem.
I used the card previously in my E-M5III and E-M1.1 and never had any problems.

The card is an older card: Sony UHS1 Class 10 94MB/s SDHC I 32GB.

I will of course try other cards, but all my cards are older but never have made problems.

So I would like to know if there are known problems with this type of cards or with Sony cards.

Also it could be, the previous owner sold the camera because it has this randomly appearing problem and buying new cards would be a waste of money.
(This purchase made a big hole into my wallet, so I am not too keen to spend unnecessary money)

Also, which cards are recommended? (I do no Video and do not want to buy the most expensive fastest card)

Edit: I tested now another card, same type, same problem

Peter Heckert2's gear list:Peter Heckert2's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS
ANSWER:
OM-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow