Question to those who own the EF 35mm F/2 IS USM lens

Started Sep 19, 2022 | Discussions thread
OP SteveHU89 Regular Member • Posts: 130
Re: Question to those who own the EF 35mm F/2 IS USM lens

A little update: picked up the lens over a week ago. When I mounted it on the 6D my first thought was: "glad I didn't get the heavier lenses". It is a good balance on the camera and I normally don't give much thought to the appearance of a lens, but the 35mm F/2 IS just looks cool.

I have zero complaints about the image quality, and I have yet to experience the "ugly" bokeh people are talking about. It is perfectly usable at F/2 when the subject is in the center. F/4 gives my 70-200 a run for its money. The colors, detail and everything else makes this lens truly an L glass in disguise.

Maybe I'm enjoying the 35mm focal length too much and it makes me biased. Nevertheless there is no comparison between this lens and the 50mm 1.8 STM. The vignetting at F/2 (to me at least) is a very welcomed artistic touch rather than a nuance. This is the first lens that makes me consider ditching the 70-200. It is that good. It will be glued to my 6D for a long time.

SteveHU89's gear list:SteveHU89's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow