Do you plan on buying an OM5

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
Hexlord79
Hexlord79 Regular Member • Posts: 306
Re: Do you plan on buying an OM5

gary0319 wrote:

Hexlord79 wrote:

Fsi wrote:

There are enough threads on posters explaining their opinion on this camera. While there is seemingly overwhelmingly negative sentiment on the OM5. I thought a poll might give an indication on how it where it lies on the scale.

The specs and features of the OM5 would warrant a way lower price range. I would suggest $699 body only? Maybe I would be keen to buy one brand new since I got my E-M10 II last time for less than $200 2nd hand.

I had an E-M10 II and a III and now a IV… and have an E-M5 III. If your E-M10 II is a good deal at $200 even the E-M5 III features and performance is worth almost $1k more than the E-M10 II, let alone the OM5. However if you don’t see anymore value than $699, you are in luck….you just saved $699 that you can spend on an E-M10 IV, and is worth every penny (I have one of those, too)

I think I did mention in past forum replies (not to you I think) about not spending on the Mark III or even IV due to the way they downgraded the experience of the Mk II.

OM5 is an okay product but definitely not at the official MSRP.

Eventually OM systems will be forced to discount the product heavily just like past products in the past, correct me if I am wrong here.

Hexlord79's gear list:Hexlord79's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Olympus E-PL7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon D780
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow