Hybrid shooters: Is two better than one? A7SIII + A7IV or A1?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
HappyMartin Regular Member • Posts: 223
Re: Hybrid shooters: Is two better than one? A7SIII + A7IV or A1?

This whole hybrid thing has certainly thrown me a curve ball. The amount of gear and the weight of it all and the mental process of changing from one medium to another has been taxing. I went digital nice and early in 1995 at the age of 34. Thought the major changes in my career were done. Turned out I was wrong.

I have taken a slightly odd approach that seems to working for me and my needs. Instead of a second body I now carry a small drone, DJI Mini 2, and a GoPro system with a small gimbal I can use with my IPhone pro max and GoPro. a smallish tripod with a fluid head. For the A7IV I add a sigma 14 to 24, 24-105 and 70-200 f4.

I find that gives me quite remarkable versatility for surprisingly little weight. Obviously I have another body and various other lenses and a lot of lights both strobe and LED but the above system along with lapel mics can make as carry on and I can do a lot with it. It’s my base system these days 
Doesn’t help with the mental gymnastics.

HappyMartin's gear list:HappyMartin's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7 IV GoPro Hero9 Black Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 70-200 F4 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow