Is video πŸ“· the Future? Over Still images?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
HappyMartin Regular Member • Posts: 223
Re: Is video πŸ“· the Future? Over Still images?

I had zero interest in video. Then 4 years the marketing director of my biggest client insisted I do a short video of him making a staff announcement. I had little choice and did it. Now more and more of my work is video.

Send six still images to a client and ask them to open and look at the images. I can guarantee that almost no one will open all six images. Put the six images into a slide show and send as a video clip of just 15 seconds and the client will most likely see all the images. Short step to a video. We are like cats, if it moves we watch it.

That’s my take on the commercial application. Stills will be as niched as poetry and 100 years ago a lot of people consumed poetry. Now not so much. I do stills for my pleasure, I make little effort to share or show. If I want to communicate an idea or a concept I write or make a video. Make no mistake I love stills but I used to love Ilford Pan F. That died too.

HappyMartin's gear list:HappyMartin's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7 IV GoPro Hero9 Black Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 70-200 F4 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow