My better half took a few aurora borealis photos with her 7D2. Any thoughts/pointers/tips to share?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP winterwonderland Forum Member • Posts: 63
Re: My better half took a few aurora borealis photos

Alen K wrote:

I am envious! I have never taken an image of an aurora. But I hope to in the near future.

Regarding your lens, you (or rather your better half) could certainly benefit from a faster lens. If you want a similar focal range, the Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8 would give it to you at a reasonable price. The Lenstip review showed low coma even wide open and reasonable resolution. The worst optical problem is high lateral CA, which is largely correctable in post.

Hmm, but will that Tokina be an upgrade to the Sigma 10-20mm she already owns, or? I ask because that Tokina is quite a price hop... We are checking out options for her, hence why i am asking.

Thanks for the advises!

Yeah, it is quite the northern lights activity here these months now, hence why we are trying to locate a more appropriate lens for her to work with, one that will be an upgrade from her current Sigma 10-20mm.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow