Kitchen tools

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ms photo studio Regular Member • Posts: 130
Re: Kitchen tools

Darrell Spreen wrote:

Black on black can be difficult and I think you've done it very well (as before). The composition seems a bit static to me (more overlap to the utensils?) but I like the wood accents leading to the corner. Also, I might suggest a small reflector or very weak side-lighting to provide some rim lighting to the black parts of the utensils -- it may be good or may detract.

I think it's a good item for a portfolio (I like it as a still life), and I've seen some very attractive low-key product photos in catalogs.

Not sure why focus stacking was needed.

Thank you.

I did focus stacking just because the angle of the camera and the Aperture of the lens.

I don't shoot more than F 11, the sweet spot of my lenses are between F 5.6 and F 8.

And because I am meticulous I want my images sharp and everything in it have to be in focus, at least when some blurry is needed.

I'm glad you like my picture, I always trying be the very best I can be, but sometime I do too much, especially with some simple packshots.

Compliments, good reviews and critique make me feel good and give me the strength to continue on my Photography path.

ms photo studio's gear list:ms photo studio's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow