Good 67mm VND from Amazon?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP SillyPosition Regular Member • Posts: 225
Re: Good 67mm VND from Amazon?

Ellis Vener wrote:

I am very happy with my PolarPro 2-5 stop VND filter. Color neutrality across the frame is both very good and consistent from minimum to maximum density, as is flare suppression. Because the range is limited to four stops, I don’t get that horrible X pattern one sees with VNDs with large density ranges.

I originally purchased it for video work but now primarily use it for still photography with full-frame cameras - most a 45mp Nikon Z7 II but sometimes with 50mp Sony Alpha 1 and 60mp A7R IV. I mostly use it with Nikkor Z lenses but occassionally with Sony and Zeiss lenses. The Zeiss are both modern Batis and Otis models, and a couple of vintage Zeiss lenses made for square medium format Hasselblad cameras.

it’s a Peter McKinnon edition VND

Thank you.

I read online so much on various ones and eventually decided to order from b&h, which is funny because I intend to visit the store, but a week or so later, so I preferred to get it to my hotel sooner

I also considered freewell but the all-in-one approach and also the case made me want to go with polarpro still.

Did you experience also mist edition by any chance?

If so I would really value your opinion.

From online impressions it seems to add some extra touch that I like, not too noticeable or "dreamy", but subtle added touch.

I wonder if buying mist edition will give me situations where ill find it annoying

SillyPosition's gear list:SillyPosition's gear list
Sony a7C Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow