X-Pro 1 owners - some questions please

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marco Cinnirella
Marco Cinnirella Veteran Member • Posts: 8,133
X-Pro 1 owners - some questions please

So I was feeling nostalgic about X-Trans 1 and bagged a cheap X-Pro 1 in reasonable condition. Never having owned one before, I have a few questions if you don't mind?

1. So the on-off switch on mine goes beyond the detents for on and off a bit, as if there is an additional click stop beyond the intended ones. The switch still works. Were there issues with the power switch?

2. The shutter button has to be depressed surprisingly hard and completely flat to the camera to release the shutter - is that normal ?

I am pondering if I have bought a copy where the previous owner maybe used one of those screw in soft shutter releases and then 1 and 2 above are damage caused by that, as I read some reports of screw in shutter buttons potentially damaging Fuji cameras.

3. Is there any way to set the D-pad so that it can be used to move AF points without first of all having to press the bottom D-pad button to enable AF point selection ?

Thank you in advance - I used to have an X-E1 and am looking forward to getting re-acquainted with X-Trans 1.

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcoc/
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansel Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony Alpha a99 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7 III Fujifilm X-T3
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow