The DXO 6 discussions thread (NOT noise reduction)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
boldcolors Senior Member • Posts: 1,688
The DXO 6 discussions thread (NOT noise reduction)

So after reading most of the threads and comments for the past 24 hrs about the DXO release, it appears to me that most users seem to shoot in the dark - or at least need high ISO in less than ideal light.

Personally - regardless of how good a converter or sensor is I need good quality light to get my work done properly so I would like to focus on other areas in the converter such as color rendition, workflow, sharpening and demosaicing.

And one thing I notice right away (and reminds me of how good DXO really is) is the amount of details and ability to tweak colors we get from this converter. It reminds me (again) just how far behind Lightroom is. Adobe has done some magic AI stuff with the face/sky selection algorithm but the RAW engine is still the same and the sharpening and detailed results are horrible compared to others.

This DXO version might actually make me switch. I know I've said things like this before but man. When looking at the great results you get with minimal efforts...LR is so far behind.

boldcolors's gear list:boldcolors's gear list
Pentax K-3 II Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow