Hiking in Lapland

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DrWu
DrWu Contributing Member • Posts: 658
Hiking in Lapland

In September I spent a week hiking in northern Finland very close to Norwegian border. I had OM-1 with two lenses, M.Zuiko Pro f4 8-25mm & 12-100mm. This time I spent the nights comfortably in hotel leaving at sunrise and returning before dark. My day trips were only 15-25 km and I carried only one camera body with two lenses plus food and additional clothing with me. Most of the time I had OM-1 with 12-100 attached by PeakDesign Capture Clip 3.0 to my 30 litre Savotta Jääkäri M -bag (Jääkäri M – Savotta) which is my new "camera backbag" and the best backbag I have ever had. In Lapland there is no shortage of pure water which makes hiking a lot lighter when you don´t have to carry water supply with you. Of course if I had been on a multiday trip with tent, sleeping bag and food for several days, I would have carried only one lens instead of two. I saw many young women between 20-35 years trekking alone or with 1-2 friends and carrying large and heavy backbags. I told about this to my son (he´s 27 years) and he confirmed that trekking is very popular among women of his age while guys are mostly interested in beer and football   Hope you like the images.

Pekka

DrWu's gear list:DrWu's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus E-M1 II OM-1 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 +5 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow