Best value in a compatible flash for the Z5

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
DigitalFFUser Senior Member • Posts: 1,517
Re: Best value in a compatible flash for the Z5

howellls wrote:

Considering a flash unit for my fairly new Z5. I always prefer natural light, but there are occasional times I would need flash. I read the Thom Hogan recommendation of the SB-500. They seem to be back ordered and restock is questionable. Would welcome any suggestions of reasonably priced units that would be compatible with the Z5 and allow bounce flash. Curious about the Godex units. Some excellent reviews others complain about plastic mount breaking. I see they have 3 options. I never had one but they seem to be selling. This is for amateur and mostly indoor photography plus some evening fill flash. I do have an older SB-600 from my D300s but it on the Z5 even bouncing it overexposes like crazy. If anyone has one they can recommend would appreciate it. Thanks

Biggest problem with Godox is their hotshoe mount.  Mine got broken within a month of use.  Internet is full of horror stories related to their mount.

DigitalFFUser's gear list:DigitalFFUser's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow