In Camera Focus Stacking Practice

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dann-Oh Contributing Member • Posts: 840
In Camera Focus Stacking Practice

I have been trying to learn in-camera focus stacking for the past little bit. It has been a fun adventure and the adventure will still go on. Here are a few mushrooms from a local grass patch. You can defiantly see where the cameras limit of 15 images "hurt" the images. It was hard to make sure the all of the mushrooms were in focus on the LCD screen.

I recently got the Flashpoint MF12 macro flash set, it came with a set of gels and diffusers. I thought what the heck, lets copy the Disney intro scenes from the new star wars stuff and use a red/blue gel combo, I used blue of the left strobe and red on the right strobe. The first image is the model without any gels (yes there is also some ghosting). these are also 15 image in-camera stacks.

I hope you enjoy the photos and if you have an C&C is always welcomed.

-- hide signature --

I take photos, not particularly good photos, mostly abstract photos. Yeah abstract is what I would call them, you might call them blurry.

Dann-Oh's gear list:Dann-Oh's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III Olympus E-PL10 Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +18 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow