OM-1 vs Panasonic S5

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
memo90061 Senior Member • Posts: 1,054
OM-1 vs Panasonic S5

I posted this in the L Mount forum. I started with 43 with the E-520 and then bought an E-M5. I feel like the S5 is very similar to Olympus and what I'm used to; for example, IBIS and other features.

The S5 has amazing image quality, but the body and lenses are a bit heavy. I think the body is heavier compared to Sony and Nikon. I think that's because of the build quality of the camera body and the Sigma lenses. You can tell it's good quality!

Sometimes weight is an issue for me. I currently use the S5 with the Sigma 24mm F3.5 because of the weight and size. In Vegas, I left the S5 in the hotel room because I didn't want to carry it. I had the OM-1. I did have both at times to compare images.

In some situations the OM-1 can match the S5, but not all the time. You really have to know how to expose correctly because in RAW, I feel like I can't correct much.

Here are some pictures. They aren't using the same settings, but just to show you an idea.

memo90061's gear list:memo90061's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Olympus E-520 (EVOLT E-520) Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow