Butterfly challenge ... gulp!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
StevenN Senior Member • Posts: 1,523
Butterfly challenge ... gulp!

I have been hired to photograph a dinner that will include the presentation of awards. No sweat.

But one of the features of the dinner will be the release of more than one hundred mechanical butterflies that will be in envelopes on the guests' tables.

The dinner will be in a large hall. I've been there before, and the lighting is somewhat subdued. But I don't think I will be able to use flash, because that would obliterate the butterflies closest to me, while leaving the others further away too dark. I'm suspecting that the butterflies will be either very reflective metal or plastic.

The organizer of the event mentioned to me that she would like "several shots" of the butterfly release. That will be difficult as I'm expecting the flights to be short-lived. Running around and trying to shoot from different angles will be almost impossible, especially with all of the closely-packed tables in the way.

Anyway, if anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

-- hide signature --

SteveN

StevenN's gear list:StevenN's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Coolpix S9700 Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow