Fuji X-T3 shooting under colored lights color shifts.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
I R Brainiac
I R Brainiac New Member • Posts: 19
Fuji X-T3 shooting under colored lights color shifts.

Howdy,...new to DPR.I just got my first nice camera and am loving it so far.

Except for one thing.This color shifting may just be something all digital cameras do with weird lighting situations but I am asking here for guidance.

This scene is my learn the camera scene because thats where my big comfy chair and music is.Manual on the fire pad and coffee on the side table.

First photo was on auto naturally and I got this.

This looks nothing like the scene at all.Overexposed,too magenta and teal highlights that should be deep blue with a touch of red.Obviously the highlights have blown the blue out and so you get a shift to teal because the green still had headroom.

Many videos and articles later,plus lighting changes,and raw massaging I got this.

Much better but I had to lower the colored lights and way underexpose the image then lift in raw editor.

And it still has tealish highlights.It seems to me the X-T3 wants to overexpose a lot and auto WB is not your pal.

Is this just the way cameras work?This scene is really dark in room but I just didnt see it as needing a high dynamic range.Clearly the blue and even the reds were clipped even underexposed.The camera seems to really push the blues hard.Lifting them up way more than they should.(raw and jpg)

I did use WB shift but thats really just for the jpgs right?...thanks from Michael.

I R Brainiac's gear list:I R Brainiac's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Tamron 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD +3 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow