Lens suggestion for Sony a6000

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SChak New Member • Posts: 15
Lens suggestion for Sony a6000

Hi. 
I currently have kit lenses that came with my a6000 ( 16-50, 55-210). And a 35mm / f1.8.  I mostly use the 35 mm for street / people etc and 55-210 for headshots / tele purpose.   For wider requirements I just use my cell phone as the 16-50 kit lens does not perform much better than my iPhone that worths a change.

I am looking for the next few lenses.

1. sony 50mm f1.8 / sigma 56 mm f1.4 for better headshots and lower end tele .  I find 35mm inadequate for portraits and the 55-210 ( f3.5 at lower end) not great for low light / bokeh   -  is the sigma worth the extra price compared to the Sony for being slightly longer and faster?

2.  I am looking for something better than iPhone at the wider range.  The 35mm is often too long for general walk around / group photo also it doesn’t do well on landscapes.   I am thinking between :

A. Getting Sony 20mm f2.8 pancake as a walk around and Rokinon 12mm f2 for landscape

or

B.   Getting a single wide angle zoom ( Sony 10-18f4 or tamron 11-20 f2.8)

A and B comes out to be equally priced.   With A I will have to switch , but they are much lighter.

Any suggestions ?  Is any of these options going to perform at wider range than the latest iPhone 14 pro ?

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow