NZ Shearers - the Z24mm and 24-120 - pictures

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sutto Contributing Member • Posts: 928
NZ Shearers - the Z24mm and 24-120 - pictures

I'm really starting to love the images from my two Z6ii's.  We are starting to come into summer now here in Western Australia and I will be shooting more and more paid events from now on.  For those who have followed my threads, I recently bailed from Fuji, because it couldn't quite 'cut the mustard' on some of my shoots, and the photos were disappointing and I didn't want to get any bad vibes from the company whom I shoot for.  I got a bargain two weeks ago on an as new Z6ii (100 actuations) and a 24mm Z1.8.  I saved 1.7K over new prices.  I now have two bodies, the Z50 1.8, the 24 1.8 and the 24-120.  The zoom is a bit of a disappointment and I probably won't use it much.  As with my Fuji, I shoot 70% of all my images in close with the 24mm, my other body now has the 50mm - that's just about all I need.

The zoom is lovely and crisp and sharp, but being an F4 i just can't separate my subjects from the background.  I shoot zero landscapes or scenery - all people and usually always wide open.  I knew this would be the case, but I just need something with a bit more reach on the odd occasion I may need it.  The title of this missive is a bit 'tongue-in-cheek', because this shoot today was here in Western Australia (200km's SE of Perth), and not NZ.  These guys are all 'Kiwis', and Australians love New Zealand shearers, they are the best in the world.  They get paid better here than in NZ and they always have work.  Though I've lived in Auss now for over 30years, I too am from New Zealand.

Now that I've had one of my Z6ii's for a year now, I've just started to gel with the RAWs on Capture One and starting to develop my own Profiles.  I am getting close now to getting the look that I like.  This shoot today was with a shearing crew that I know - to practice with the new 24mm 1.8 and my fill-flash setup with the new V1.  All these have been shot with fill-flash, and I think it adds some punch to the images.  I'm looking forward to the summer now and many events to shoot some images in 'anger', with my new kit.

Sutto

Sutto's gear list:Sutto's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 24mm F1.8 S Nikon Nikkor Z 24-120mm F4 S
Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow