GFX 100 Live view highlight alert - Accuracy?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Butteredtoast New Member • Posts: 18
GFX 100 Live view highlight alert - Accuracy?

A few months back I purchased an A7Riv and have had it set to show zebra stripes as a highlight clipping warning (I use it with a custom setting of 109+ in the options) when shooting. With this setting I have been able to shoot images quickly with very good accuracy in exposure.

I have been using the pro-neg standard profile, with a Shadow Tone -2 / Highlight Tone -2 setting which in concert with the live-view histogram gives me a pretty accurate way of controlling exposure - but this is slow and sometimes when shooting on the street or an event it's a bit kludgy to have to change focus away from the subject to hit a button and bring up the histogram. The zebras on the Sony lets me make these adjustments so quickly.

So, I've been wishing for similar functionality on my gfx100 and I have been wondering if there is a way to mirror this setting on the Fuji using the live-view highlight alert setting. My question is how accurate is this setting generally, and are there any tweaks to make it a bit more exacting for setting correct exposure?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow