Sony HX99, Panasonic ZS80, or Canon SX740

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP panoptic Regular Member • Posts: 257
Re: Features vs quality

Canasonic wrote:

There are a few reviews around, just search "Sony HX99 Review RAW samples" and you'll find the better ones. Unfortunately the HX99 hasn't been that popular as far as sales go, likely because it was 30% too expensive relative to it's competitors when it came out and the price didn't really fall over time. DxO doesn't even support the camera in PhotoLab so you'll be missing out on what is perhaps the greatest leap in digital noise reduction up to this point. As a result between these three, I would suggest the Lumix ZS70 or ZS80 and a trial of DxO PhotoLab 6. Use the DeepPRIME NR from base ISO and I suspect you'll be impressed by what you can get out of such a small sensor.

Thanks, I’ll think about that. I’m a jpeg only shooter. Given that, what do you think about the Sony? I can afford the difference in price.

panoptic's gear list:panoptic's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS80
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow