Dragon's nest

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GreatOceanSoftware
GreatOceanSoftware Senior Member • Posts: 1,045
Dragon's nest

I saw this "cave" down by the lake shore, and this rock that had a spiraling root. Combine that with my recent start of the Rings of Power series, and I got a bit inspired. It was a fun project.

The dragon's egg came from Amazon. There's an Ulanzi VL49 LED panel light under the rocks shining up to illuminate the egg from below (full bright). There was also a small shaft of sunlight coming through the rear of the cave. The rocks are from the beach nearby. Processed in ACDSee.

The "nest" rock was hidden a bit, and I was standing with water around my ankles in the crevices. I wanted to use a prime, but because it was so close quarters and I didn't want to have to climb back to the top each time just to changes lenses (very slippery), that I just used my 16-80. I think with the "fantasy processing" that any shallow depth of field wouldn't have had much effect anyway.

-- hide signature --

Randy

GreatOceanSoftware's gear list:GreatOceanSoftware's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-E4 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow