Backup camera to an OM-1: the OM-5... or the now discontinued E-M1X? :-)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NiX82
NiX82 Regular Member • Posts: 167
Backup camera to an OM-1: the OM-5... or the now discontinued E-M1X? :-)

Hey!

There are already a few threads out there on the E-M1X being discontinued, and I never actually saw the camera (nor held it, obviously), so all of this is purely theoretical... but I always found the camera interesting.

A bit like the BlackBerry Passport, super big, odd format, soon-to-be obsolete OS... but what a phone! What a joy IMO!

I own the OM-1 and have enjoyed it so far (notwithstanding the frustration with CAF). Not sure I'd buy a second one as backup though.

I've been following the rumors for the OM-5... but now I'm also seeing the hyper aggressive discount on the E-M1X (especially bundled with the 25mm f1.2 at 1899 EUR)...

So I can't help but wonder if I should wait for the OM-5 (seems like the sensible thing to do) or just jump on the E-M1X while there's still some stock.

Any other forum members pondering the same thing?

NiX82's gear list:NiX82's gear list
OM-1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Dan
Dan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow