Clichés

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Redhenry Senior Member • Posts: 1,073
Clichés

I have the ‘Libby’ app on my iPad. This enables me to read a wide variety of magazines. Quite honestly, though, I do this less frequently than I used to, especially photography mags. I’ve just looked at the cover of one of the UK magazines and groaned. A long exposure of a stream flowing through an autumn wood. For many years now, photo magazines have had seasonal features and the same stuff just goes round and round and I know exactly what’s coming up in the next few months. Right now it’s “take your best autumn shots” (obviously, a milky stream in a wood, but with crisp leaves on a stone in the foreground). Soon it’ll be “the darker nights are coming - ideas for indoor photography”:(someone’s cat). “Capture winter” will have a frosty landscape shot of Glastonbury Tor. Spring will bring bluebell woods, usually done with that trick of lowering the tripod centre column during a long exposure. Summer will be coastal landscapes (Bamburgh or Dunstanburgh Castles or Durdle Door with long-exposure sea.) In between will be features on wildlife (a fox raiding someone’s bin), urban landscape (wide-angle monochrome pic of that pedestrian bridge across the Thames with St Paul’s in the background)…. if anybody has any further cliché pictures to add, I would be amused to hear them!

-

-

Redhenry's gear list:Redhenry's gear list
Sony RX100 II Apple iPhone 13 Pro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow