can someone give me some help with the F6 and SB400 flash please?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
afoton
afoton Senior Member • Posts: 1,860
Re: can someone give me some help with the F6 and SB400 flash please?

jodad wrote:

In the past with my simple Leica film, when I want to use flash, its because its a bit dark. In that case id just set to 1/50 (which is the Leica m synch speed) match aperture on lens and flash head and that's it. perfect exposure every time.

With the F6, my preference is to use P mode (the reason I bought it is for easy quick shooting and an almost fool proof metering system). If I'm in P mode which as I say is my preference, when its a bit dark, I guess it tries to balance the background and so lowers the shutter speed. This isn't what I want. How do I use the f6 with flash and not have to have slow shutter speeds? And when should I use slow synch or fast synch and rear or front synch. I don't understand them?

If you want to control the shutter speed, you have to leave P-mode.

and please don't suggest shooting manual and manual flash (sb400 doesn't have any buttons other than on/off ).

Even if you set both the aperture and the shutter speed on the camera, the flash will be automatic. Just like yout Leica, but you don't have to tell the flach which aperture you use.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow