I messed up with Kolari Vision! Just a Rant!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
jglaser757 Contributing Member • Posts: 887
I messed up with Kolari Vision! Just a Rant!

So, I decided to get a new IR mirrorless converted Camera to full spectrum(it was my third conversion). I did lots of research because I did not understand this type of conversion and sent at least 20 emails regarding this. One of the main discussions was with regards to horizontal banding produced with a Nikon Z7( i had prior experience with this and was using a D850).

I did decide to go with a Canon R5 based upon their recommendations and issues with horizontal noise. I also KolariVision about the lenses I would purchase and shipped the lightly used R5 camera off to them. I was relying heavily on their expertise and knowledge at this point.

Two days later I decided to read up more on the conversion to full spectrum of an R5. And then it hit me...In the middle of the page discussing conversion, there was a disclaimer/warning about light leaks with the R5 and new glass. So, if effect, I bought new technology and would have to use "old glass". NOT GOOD. Actually, it was really messed up if you ask me.

At no time did Kolari Technical support tell me about the light leaks although they new what lenses I purchased.

Yes, ultimately it was my fault for not reading the information thoroughly. But, it would of been nice to get some assistance with the matter.  The tech support  agent they pawned off to me, was not trained properly.

FYI- I sent to subsequent emails to the same tech support agent that were not answered correctly.

-- hide signature --

Jon

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow