Not your regular workout headphones

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Martin Ocando
Martin Ocando Veteran Member • Posts: 6,696
Not your regular workout headphones

So, another of my not really photography related quick reviews. This time something that I use for video editing and general listening while walking.

I’ve been sent this pair of Haylou headphones with what they call “Bone Conduction Technology”. I know they are not the first, but I was hesitant to try it out not really understanding how can audio be “conducted” through the bone structure without a comfort or safety issue, thinking on my daughter’s epilepsy might be a concern.

I’m happily to report that they work quite well. At first you feel kind of a little drumming effect in your temples, especially at higher volumes, but eventually you get used to it. My daughter tried it for a bit, but preferred not to risk it.

In any case, not everyone’s cup of tea, but being completely impervious to water ingress due to not having any orifice other than a tiny mic port, the charging port is magnetic, with a very solid connection, so nothing to worry about in that regard either, makes it a great sports headphone.

I don’t really use it for music too much, but for listening to audiobooks while I’m walking, and for that it already replaced my AirPods Pro. Not being inside my ear win in the comfort department, and also not having to rely on ambience mode is safer while walking with cars or bikes swarming around. I also use them occasionally for editing videos, although I value the noise canceling of my AirPods Pro more in that regard.

One caveat, which might be a deal breaker for some: they are not foldable, so they kind of stay in the same shape, and it doesn’t come with a carrying pouch. For me is not a big deal, as I only use it around home, but something to consider if you want to carry them around. Being so sturdy without moving or replaceable parts is a plus for not really needing a carrying case or protective cover.

So, here is an amazon link in case you are interested, and they are heavily discounted right now. I heard other options from more known manufacturers are several times more expensive, so is kind of nothing to lose. I can vouch for durability in my almost two months of daily use.

https://amzn.to/3rwMsPM

-- hide signature --

Martin
"One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it" - Galen Rowell

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +14 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow