Which side of Rag Photographique paper to print on?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Warren Smiles New Member • Posts: 13
Which side of Rag Photographique paper to print on?

Hi folks,

I have a Canson Infinity sample pack. Looking at the rag photographique 210gsm and 310gsm I see there is a sticker on them saying print on the other side. I would have thought the rougher side was the side to print on but the other side is the smoother side.
Yes, I should trust the sticker to tell me which side but I noticed one of the other papers had the sticker removed and put on the opposite side. To add to this the instructions say to print on the coated side. I can't tell which side is the coated side on the two papers but I did notice that the rougher side of the them had sparkles for the lack of a better word. Meaning that when I looked at the paper the rougher side had sparkles that would appear under natural light.

Anyhow, they only give one sample sheet per paper type so I want to be sure I print on the proper side. On a side note I usually cut my samples into two 4x6's and one 5x7 but with these papers the printer doesn't recognize that size for them. I use a canon prograf 300

Thanks for any input.

Warren Smiles's gear list:Warren Smiles's gear list
Nikon D3500 Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR Nikon 10-20mm F4.5-5.6 VR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow