Foggy morning in the forest

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mreynolds767
mreynolds767 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,889
Foggy morning in the forest

Just posted in the travel subforum and was recommended to me to get feedback from the B&W forum

All taken on the same morning inside the Fanal forest on the island of Madeira. This forest’s high altitude and short distance to the coast leads to fog being a quite common occurrence. Is located in Paul da Serra on Madeira.

This forest is a UNESCO world heritage site and the largest current laurel forest in the world. As I understand it these forests covered the landscape of Madeira at one time and were very common in southern Europe but now few exist.

I don’t use b&w often but seemed to add to the atmosphere for these. I think it allowed for a little more creativity as well ; maybe I went overboard with that?

conditions worsened as the time passed with wind, cold and rain all creating challenges. The last photo was actually the first and one I did post previously.

C&C welcome ; I value all opinions

let me know if you have a favorite ; think one or more does not work at all, etc...

1.) Dancing Trees

2.) Trilogy

3.) Hello?  Added this selfie for fun

4.) Queen of the Forest

-- hide signature --
 mreynolds767's gear list:mreynolds767's gear list
Sony a7R IV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow