What flash do you use?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
kli
kli Veteran Member • Posts: 4,513
Re: What flash do you use?

madecov wrote:

...The only issue I had is that out-of-the-box, my MagMod diffuser doesn't fit the V1, but with a lot of muscle I was able to stretch the rubber MagMod Maggrip around the round head of the V1 and now the MagMod works great - a better fit than with the V860's.

Just FYI,The MagGrip 2 now easily fits the round-headed speedlights, and is a bit smaller/lighter than the OG MagGrip. They basically did a Magmod 2.

Michael Firstlight wrote:

... The only bummer is the V1 Li-Ion batteries are different than the V860IIs (but are the same as the V860III's, so it means carrying two different types of batteries unless I replace the 860IIs.

This is the only reason why i haven't upgraded.

Well, there's also the bummer that the newer VB26 batteries have lower capacity than the older VB18. The VB26 in the V1/V860 III spec at 480 full power bursts on a charge, while the VB18s in the V860 II specced at 650 (vs. NiMh 4xAAs in the TT685 that spec out at 230).

kli's gear list:kli's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
kli
kli
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow