Using A7II as backup for my A7III was such a bad idea

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OFremen Regular Member • Posts: 458
Using A7II as backup for my A7III was such a bad idea

I've been keeping my A7II around as a backup for my A7III and unfortunately I finally had to use it this week for a shoot because my A7III shutter gave up.   Its not the dread early shutter failure problem, my A7III had over 170k shutters since I last had the shutter replaced and that first time was after 104k shutters...so I'm pretty happy with the A7III at this time.  
What sucks though is going back to the A7II, I totally forgot how I have to use AF-S most of the time and can't really rely on its AF-C.. so I have dozens of shots that would have been wonderful pictures if the focus had kept up...but it didn't.  I was also shooting in a dark environment...so the A7III focus is so much better than the A7II in low light.  
Anyways just posting in case anyone else is keeping their A7II as a backup...its not a good backup.  I'm tempted to get another A7III as a backup and just switch between them....so the shutter gets even wear.  
I'm also curious if the A7IV is worth it....so I'm going to look at threads regarding that.
I had someone tell me that she couldn't take good pictures with the A7III but she loved her A7IV...and that really surprised me since I find the A7III to be an amazing camera compared to my A7 and A7R and A7II that I had before.

OFremen's gear list:OFremen's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a6000 Sony a7 III Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Samyang 135mm F2.0 +1 more
Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow