Copying photos back from PC onto the SD card

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
WPMChan Senior Member • Posts: 1,591
Re: Copying photos back from PC onto the SD card

Mare_333 wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply. I saved the copied photo in the DCIM folder indeed. Right next to the photo that was taken by the camera. When I insert the SD card back into the camera the photo that was taken by the camera is there and the one copied from the PC is NOT there. Maybe I am viewing it incorrectly on camera. I go to press the the viewing screen - the button with a little triangle that you press right after you've taken the image with your camera and wish to see it.

In you DCIM folder, you should be able to see a subfolder, 100D3300 or similar. If you move your files copied from the PC to this subfolder, you should be able to see them using the viewing button of your camera.

I suspect that you probably have copied the photos taken by the camera and saved them in the DCIM folder as well. The original photo files are still in the 100D3300 subfolder.

What you saw when pushing the "viewing button" are in fact the photos still in the 100D3300 subfolder, not those in the DCIM folder.

Should you have "Cut and Paste", REMOVING the photos taken by the camera from the subfolder and saved them under DCIM, you will not be able to see them when you press the view button.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow