In market for Canon ImageproGraph Pro-4100 - advice needed

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ktran11 Regular Member • Posts: 198
In market for Canon ImageproGraph Pro-4100 - advice needed

Hi, I was wondering if there’s anyone with experience with the Pro-4100 44” printer to give some advice relative to Epson wide format printers. I came from an old Epson 7900 and 9000 and looking to upgrade to Canon because I’m getting the dreaded clogged head and it’s printing faded pink in place of red now.  Epson has done one thing well in the past in that you can always ask for print samples from their website and you know what you’re getting from a printer you’re planning to buy. I’ve tried asking for samples from Canon and it’s just crickets. I’m just an advanced amateur just printing for myself so they probably don’t want to waste resources on me. Anyhow, for those with experience with both sides, would you say the print quality is the same for Canon and Epson?  I often used fine art paper and really love Epson because the color is  very true and it never fades. I have no experience with Canon. Color accuracy is a thing for me that I hope someone can address relative to Canon inks since Epson’s high dynamic inks prints blacks beautifully and the gradients blends together seamlessly between color zones. If someone with experience with the two can say they can’t tell the difference between the two printers that would really set my mind at ease. Any pros and cons is appreciated. 😀 Thanks for any help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow