Copying photos back from PC onto the SD card

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
SecondTimeAround Contributing Member • Posts: 651
Re: Copying photos back from PC onto the SD card

Mare_333 wrote:

WPMChan wrote:

Mare_333 wrote:

I was able to copy from PC onto SD card – it’s pretty self explanatory you insert the SD card into the PC, it shows the SD card folder, you copy or drag files from pictures folder on the PC into the SD card folder (the folder is called DCIM).

It can be done.

The photo files from your PC will need to be saved to the photo subfolder in the DCIM folder.

The generic name of the subfolder of my D5600 is 101D5600, and 100CPA in my Coolpix A.

It is most likely 100D3300 in your D3300.

However, if you have formatted your card, the subfolder will also be deleted. You can recreate the subfolder by taking a photo.

Thank you very much for your reply. I saved the copied photo in the DCIM folder indeed. Right next to the photo that was taken by the camera. When I insert the SD card back into the camera the photo that was taken by the camera is there and the one copied from the PC is NOT there. Maybe I am viewing it incorrectly on camera. I go to press the the viewing screen - the button with a little triangle that you press right after you've taken the image with your camera and wish to see it.

The DCIM folder is not the correct place to copy the photo.

As WPMChan told you, the correct folder would be a subfolder of DCIM.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow