Z6ii and lenses...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Thupten Regular Member • Posts: 148
Z6ii and lenses...

Good afternoon!

I was recently looking at Nikon mirrorless cameras at B&H in Manhattan. Very interested in the Z6ii. Not sure whether to wait and see what Nikon release next, or go for the Z6ii.

Meanwhile, just wondering about lenses, old and new:

My current Nikon lenses (which would require the FTZ adaptor) are:

• Nikon AF-S 50mm 1.8 D
  • Nikon DX 35mm 1.8 G
  • Nikon AF-S DX 18-200 f/3.5-5.6G VR

As far as I understand, using the two DX lenses will result in a loss of pixels (but probably would still have way more pixels than with my current DX camera)?

Am I correct in understanding that the Nikon AF-S 50mm 1.8 D lens would work fine, with no loss? It’s a shame, though, that the FTZ adaptor will make this lens look much less discrete.

I had long wanted to get a Sigma 10–20mm F3.5 lens for my Nikon D80. Would one of these work on the Z6ii with or without pixel loss?

A new lens: Thinking of buying the body only, without the 24–70 (f4) kit lens, and getting an 24–120 (f4) lens instead (as recommended by someone in B&H). However, I’ll probably miss my 18-200 (28-300 equivalent?) when travelling very light (backpacking). Any thoughts or recommendations re: the 24–70, 24–120, or something else?

Finally, is my understanding correct that my Nikon SB-700 speedlight will work to only a limited extent on the Z6ii?

Thanks in advance for any info and recommendations.

Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow