Would a fuji xt200 with kit lens be any upgrade over Olympus epl7 with 12-40 2.8 pro?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PabloMontana1 New Member • Posts: 19
Would a fuji xt200 with kit lens be any upgrade over Olympus epl7 with 12-40 2.8 pro?

Hello,

I have recently seen a fuji xt200 for £367 clearance price.

As this model is out of production so therefore rare and at a bargain price, my GAS has gone into overdrive.

My main photo output is on to a 10 inch iPad so every one pinches to zoom my pics and therefore to some extent is a pixel peeper.

Mainly a Jpeg shooter but also trying to choose between dxo deep prime but then loose the Olympus colour or topaz ai with a tiff file but that is also having colour problems at least on my Mac. Apparently the windows version is fine.

Mainly shooting indoor family pics,, wildlife and travel.

My current cameras are an Olympus epl7 with 12-40 2.8 pro and an Olympus stylus 1s (which is what got me interested in effective noise reduction as it has a fairly small sensor).

I really miss not having an evf on the epl7 and love the one on the stylus.

Tell me, would a xt200 with kit lens be an upgrade, a side grade (just buying something thats more or less what I already have and therefore unnecessary) or at worst a down grade unless I spend more on fuji lens and even then it would probably be a used 18-55 f2.8 to f4 for the price and ois.

Many thanks for any advice from anyone, especially those who have used these cameras or near equivalents.

Olympus E-PL7 Olympus Stylus 1s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow