Nikkor 105mm f2.5 on Z9

Started Oct 3, 2022 | Discussions thread
Joseph S Wisniewski
Joseph S Wisniewski Forum Pro • Posts: 35,866
Dandelion chips are another way

Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:

Mikspin wrote:

Very nice! I still have my 105-2.5 ai-s from the eighties. Your compositions are superb, and the lens performs wonderfully.

Thank you - the lens is great even on 45 megapixels!

How did you get the exif data recorded. On my Z6 aperture and exif data are not recorded. Mike

You can set the lens focal length and max aperture using the non-cpu lens data menu; this is actually needed for sensor VR to work.

I did a "dandelion chip" mod on mine. Now it lets me control aperture from the secondary command dial, works in P and S in addition to A and M, and won’t stop down below f5.6 while focusing or composing so focus peaking performs better (it does properly stop down to any set aperture when shooting or when you use DOF preview).

For the 105mm f2.5 Ai-S you have to file, Dremmel, or mill a notch for it in the rear anti-glare shroud. That part comes off with three screws and does not affect optical alignment so it's an easy job.

-- hide signature --

The term "mirrorless" is totally obsolete. It's time we call out EVIL for what it is. (Or, if you can't handle "Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens" then Frenchify it and call it "LIVE" for "Lens Interchangeable, Viewfinder Electronic" or "Viseur électronique").
-----
Stanley Joseph Wisniewski 1932-2019.
Dad, so much of you is in me.
-----
Christine Fleischer 1947-2014.
My soulmate. There are no other words.
-----
Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008.
Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed.
----
Ciao! Joseph
www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 Nikon Z7 +56 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow