New GFX 50s II Owner - First Day Impressions

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 8,589
Re: that 50MP sensor!

debo wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Enjoy! With so much attention to the 100mp cams in the forum, it is nice to see someone pleased with a very capable 50mp 44x33 cam.

I think you will find the 35-70 a surprisingly excellent performer. And it makes the combo an unexpectedly light carry.

Bob I agree with you. I have the 100S and the 50R and I find myself grabbing the 50R despite all its "shortcomings". I do not what to say. I find the SOOC colors of the 50R better. If the 50Sii has the same SOOC engine, I will seriously consider downgrading and giving up the extra 1 stop of DR and PDAF. For speeds, I can always use a Sony or a X-H2

I am a RAW shooter so I cannot comment on a comparison between the SOOC’s from the 50R (which I do not own) and 50SII.  However, last year after unboxing the 50SII and the 35-70 in the morning, I took the combo to an office that afternoon and imaged the 3 executive secretaries in a group photo.  The SOOC was so good I just downsampled and sent the jpeg to them.  A 16x24 print of that image is hanging on their wall.  So, the SOOC “engine” does produce a nice image.  However, I do prefer RAW.  YMMV.  Good luck.

-- hide signature --

Bob aka BobsYourUncle
DPR Co-MOD - Fuji X Forum

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm GFX 50S II Fujifilm X-H2 Fujifilm GFX 100S Sony a1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow