Changing to lumix

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
jcr4486 Regular Member • Posts: 470
Re: Changing to lumix

Wino1 wrote:

Changing from Fuji xt3 to lumix g9 mainly for nature, wildlife and landscape. I need more reach for nature and do not want to buy a longer lens. just a few questions:

1. In order to save time, I’m opting to trade in my Fuji system (at a loss) to keh and buy a used g9 in “excellent” condition. Is this a mistake.? Should I just but a new one on Amazon? Will I be able to get the firmware updated?
2. I plan on getting PL100-400 used and PL 12-60 used. Was also thinking of oly 8-25 and 60 mm macro. Are there any issues using other m4/3 lenses on G9? Does the ibis work with these?

3. Any recommendations for third party batteries?

4. Does anyone use the 6k photo modes? Are the pictures printable?

thank you in advance

1. no not mistake at all... and yes, you will be able to get all firmware updates

2. no issue at all using those lenses on G9... I would just prefer the Pana/Leica 8-18 instead of the oly 8-25 for the pana body (I have all the opthers and more...)

3. stay with the original... I keep now and than testing others, for different bodies...but always prefer the original...yes they are expensive... and avoid the fake ones...if you see the "original" to low prices is because is not the real one... but from panasonic directly...never had a single issue with original ones...but had too many with compatible ones... tored of it...at the end will become more expensive than original...if you really use your system intensely and for long time

4. yes I do that now and then, and yes, they are printable

you are welcome

Pedro

jcr4486's gear list:jcr4486's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow